2011年7月13日 星期三

On the way to the top - Noogler Orientations Day 3

Here comes the third day of Noogler's life

Today was a really relaxing day compare to the first two days. Since we don't need to attend the employee training in the morning, so basically we have a whole free morning again.


I seized the time to review most of the material we have from yesterday's session, which was really a big loading for me. However in Google, we have a culture of team work, which I just asked my teammates, Pooja to share the notes via Google doc :) Since she is an English majors in Harvard, so the notes are really comprehensive and detail. While the same time, i was reading and searching in moma, our intranet to find some learning material about Google AdWords and etc.


Something interests me was recently Google MTV(Mountain view, global HQ) was launching the Q2 review and Q3 preview. So i was watching the video from the review which was really exciting and interesting.


After we finished our lunch, getting the informed from our trainer that our training will be postponed

due to we have a team lunch and hang out together. That was really exciting yet shitty, since we both have finished our lunch just now.

Anyway, we went to the basement and meet with all our team and future teammates. I realized that we have such a big team of 20 people, this recall my memory that taipei office has only 40~50 people. Yet one of the team in Hyd office has already half of the percentage in comparsion. We had the team lunch at one of the mall in Hyd city, and which is the biggest mall in Sounth Asia! Cannot believe, right!? During the lunch I found something nice was that our team just like a family where people will chilling together and making jokes on each other, either our manager! Through out the lunch, I found myself more connect to the team, and made me feel more excitement about the future work with them.

Finished the lunch, we went back to office and have the training(shorter version). Today, we were introduced the system which we used to track our client's Ads campaign performance. We call it "ICS, Internal Control System". The system is really cool yet complicated, we can find every detail about the performance by each keywords our client setted. Through out this, we can do some analysis for them. The conclsion from the training was, I have to do more homework....


Anyway, today I have 2 things which were really excited me are, first I finally got more understanding of my work in the team. And secondly, I had a really exciting conversation with my roommate about the discussion of Google+ project and Facebook. For the first thing, I found my work in the ANP team is really similar to consulting job. Our role is mainly review all the performance of our client's performance of Ads campaign and see where is going wrong anf how to improve. For example, there is one of our client, and he found his Ads performance has decline from a certain period of time. And we have to review their metric of each keywords in that period time. Maybe is because the keyword was setted in a wrong way or not in a users' friendly way, thus they will not be conversed into the buying process. So we have based on those data, and provide the recommdation for our clients. Usually, we can only solve 3~5 cases per day. Sounds challenge, right? Yes, i have found it really challenge yet exciting, since I can start to practice my problem solving skill and analytical thinking.






Playing pool game with my teammates after work

沒有留言:

張貼留言